a Veteran
    Real Name
    Carly
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,308 Times in 422 Posts

Default COLORADO - Fort Carson

COLORADO - Fort Carson

http://www.carson.army.mil
    Last edited by Carly; 02-11-2008 at 04:36 PM.

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Lori
    Thanks

This is an excellent place to be stationed unless you don't like cold weather and snow. Its absolutely beautiful there and plenty to do.

My guy is
    stateside
    Real Name
    Twyla
    Thanks

This defininitely is one of the top 3 Army posts. It did earn the title "the best home town in the Army". I like it here...it is beautiful There are many different things to do of the outdoor nature.
    The housing authority on Fort Carson is rough. If you are Enlisted they are fine, but once you become an officer you get lumped in with other E5, E6...At least that was our experience and for some that doesn't matter, but it bothered my husband that we were paying our BAH while an E5 was also living there and paying 300 dollars less...GMH is in the process of building new quarters...in preparation for 4th ID, so we will see how that goes.
    Buying a home in the economy has sticker shock...really. We have lived in 2 different houses on Fort Carson. We have many friends that have purchased homes in Fountain and Pueblo. Pueblo is about a 40 minute drive...

---

Array
    My guy is
    overseas
    Thanks

It's a beautiful place with lots to do. Everything is a bit of drive from post, but I swear that Colorado Springs never shuts down.

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Brittany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1 Post

I love it there! Can't wait to go back after hubby gets back from his deployment! Tons to do!

My guy is
    stateside
    Real Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

I'll be moving to fort carson in a little over 2 months, and I cannot wait! I looove it out there, and I'm SO excited to go back and stay for more then just a weekend! I'm super nervous to move across the country and to an area where I don't know anyone.. but I am SO excited!
    Love you,Always

retired member

My guy is
    N/A
    Thanks

Smile Fort Carson

I have been living at Fort Carson for about a year. We love it! It has the most beautiful scenery and Colorado Springs always has something to do. You experience all 4 seasons here! The winters are well winters. I'm from Colorado and I can say its more mild in the Springs then I'm used to. The post is really clean and easy to find your way around. The commisary is decent. The produce is not the best. The PX is big,but overpriced IMO. The hospital on post is nice and new. There upgrading it and remodleing alot. I had my son at there labor and delievery and they were great! There are a ton of activities that go on for kids ( skate nights,lockins,dances ect). The schools are very nice on post. Hope you love it here! Were happy to have you

Array
    My guy is
    overseas
    Real Name
    becka
    Thanks
    Thanked 1 Post

carson is beautiful i love it there...and there is so much to do. i love colorado but i hate fort carson. i was stationed at ft campbell when i was in and when i got out i went to carson where my hubby was at. and it just had such a different feel it was lke a different world...it just seems almost..outdated at carson...and smaller

Queen of Kandor

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Rae
    Thanks

elle-ooh-vee-eee it!

DON'T leave until you've gone up Pike's Peak! It's America's Mountain, and only 20 minutes away (and always in sight!), a MUST.

Garden of the Gods is gorgeous, and offers lots of great walking and hiking, plus you can get horseback tours!

Bear Creek Dog Park is the bEsT for socializing your pup!

The zoo's small...but fun and offers great views of the city.

Old Colorado City's Frontier Days are fun, held on their main street in March/April.

Entertainmart! DVDs for cheap cheap cheap!

The worst part: the streets are not parallel, at all. The joke is, "Is it a pile of spaghetti or a map of Colorado Springs?" But, you always have the mountains to orientate you!

lol Yeeeeeeeeah, I loved it. It was the first place I never got homesick.
    The House of EL:
    daniEL + rachEL + leonEL
    --> Bring Out Your Inner Athlete! <--

Array
    My guy is
    overseas
    Real Name
    Katie
    Thanks

We have been trying to get Ft Carson for 8 years! Well, 6 being married, 8 all totall. It's impossible. Thankfullly my Hunny has a lot of family out there! His mom and step dad own a ranch up in Lake George! And yes, Pikes Peak is a must!! We've been out there a few times wince we've been married and Love it there!! The community any way. We haven't obviously been stationed at Carson, so I can't tell you much about it. But I do have friends stationed there and they said thay absolutely loved Carson. Everyone I talk to and has been there loves it!

Senior Member Deployment Survivor

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Elie
    Thanks

Hi

For the ladies living at Carson right now... Where are the nice places to live off post? Which places would you recomend? Which ones you wouldn't?

Thanks!!

Elie
    "You'd be wise to remain silent and be thought an ignorant fool rather than open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Array
    My guy is
    stateside
    Real Name
    Eileen
    Thanks

We are so excite we have orders for Ft. Carson. I've wanted to live in that area for over 20 years - way before my husband joined. It was his first choice on his "where I wanna be" list. Although we were thinking that off base housing would be our best choice, since Carson has such a great reputation, we put in an application for on-base housing. Hope it's nice, quiet and safe!!!

Array
    My guy is
    stateside
    Real Name
    Kristen
    Thanks

Default HI

Fort carson really is a wondeful place to live.
    Last edited by Carly; 12-12-2009 at 03:01 PM. Reason: This is a Post Review. Ask questions about other posts in the Army Q & A board.

My guy is
    overseas
    Real Name
    Kellie
    Thanks

We currently live on post and love it! I have made the most amazing friends and my son really loves his school that is literally walking distance from our front door. We have a 3 bedroom and it has been completely remodeled and has new carpet and paint. We can see the mountains from all of our windows too. Colorado Springs has great shopping and it's easy to find your way around. (In my opinion) Lots to do from the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo to Pike's Peak. The outdoor center on base has really great skiing and camping equipment to rent and is very reasonable. Any other questions just PM me, I'd love to help!

My husband, my hero

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks

My husband is stationed at Peterson AFB with an Army unit there... I've been there twice since he got there and its great. I was there for Thanksgiving and New Years, and although it was cold, icy, and gloomy most of the time cause it was winter...i still thought it was a pretty place. Maybe because of the mountains, haven't seen those in over 7 years lol. I am suuuuper happy that there is tons of shoppiing and places to eat, also being an hour from Denver isn't bad either!

Senior Member Deployment Survivor

My guy is
    a Veteran
    Real Name
    Mary
    Thanks

My husband has been here over a year and I joined him last August. I love it. There's plenty of things to do , places to eat, and tons of shopping. The scenery is beautiful and I love the mountains. We enjoy living off post, but I still come on post quite a bit and it's easy getting around and not get lost.
    Donations are highly appreciated.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Array
    My guy is
    a Soldier
    Thanks

Default Carson

I've lived in Colorado my whole life, and I met and married my huband here. He personally HATES Fort Carson for a lot of reasons. Colorado is beautiful and there is always something to do. But being stationed at Carson is NOT worth it!

Array
    My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Rachel
    Thanks

Default Ft. Carson

i am preparing to go to ft. carson as my husbands first duty station i am trying to decide if we should stay on base or not and i noticed that the e1 houses dont have central ac. does it even get hot enough for the ac? what are the positive and negatives of living on base, ft. carson? i am new to this so anything will help. thanks

Array
    My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Chelsea
    Thanks

Yeah, what Rachel said.

Member Deployment Survivor

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Royalty
    Thanks

Moving to Carson next month! I'm super stoked... but DH wont be home til May, so I'm going to find a house before he comes back home... We know we want to live off base, & we have an area in mind so im hoping it wont be too hard!

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    Kristy
    Thanks

We will be moving to FT Carson in August. We are excited about the move!!!

My guy is
    a Soldier
    Real Name
    MommaLuvsDunkinDonuts!
    Thanks

We actually visited there a couple weeks ago.. I found colorado springs as a whole to be beautiful! The mountain views are breath taking and visible pretty much no matter where you go. Everyone seemed friendly and my husband has an obsesssion with loaf n jugs coffee LOL. The gas is weird.. instead of 87,89 and 91 octane its 85,89,91 octane.
    Took us by surprise for sure lol. Ft Carson seemed nice, not as crowded as ft hood (at elast when we saw it). PX was nice, nothing to hoot and holler about hahaha. Didnt go to commissary. I do like that colorado school systems are choice based; meaning that you can "choice" you children into a diff. district or school if there is rm w/o having to LIVE in that district. There seem to be some greats schools out there as well. C.S. is a big place with lots to do and within an hour of denver as well. We thought the entire area was just what we are looking for.. hence why we are relocating there when hubby ETS's